Saturday, November 16, 2013

Adventure Log: Hawaii, 2012

You know when you go somewhere new and you meet people and do things and you come away back to your normal life different somehow? I hope you do, it's a great feeling.

This is installment number one of my Adventure Log (yay adventure!), this one taking a look back at our week in Hawaii at the end of October last year. I watched the sun rise over the beach, hiked a muddy ridge in the dark, paddle-boarded within a baseball's throw of a huge turtle, kayaked, went trick-or-treating on the Marine Corps base, slept on a stranger's deck during a tsunami warning, got hooked on Thrift Shop and went to Salvation Army with it stuck in my head, and watched two amazing people celebrate their one-year anniversary by getting married all over again. And of all those things, that last one was by far my favorite.

(Check out Val & Chenoa's wedding photos by the amazing One Love Photo!)

BTW, everything was shot on my Mark ii except the four photos of our hike, which I took on my Powershot.

We start with what I feel is an obligatory 'hey we're driving on vacation and we might be lost but we don't really care!' picture...















































I'll be back someday, Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment