Tuesday, September 24, 2013

This Year in Cats

Last September, while Matt and I were driving through the shopping center next to the apartment complex we had just moved into two months before, he did something small that has significantly altered our apartment life.

He pointed to a sign next to the pet store that read, "Cat Adoption Fair."

And so we stepped in, spoke with the Animal Allies volunteers, and got set up as a one-cat foster home. For the past year we've had each of the below cats on average 2 months each, and every furry face brings back memories...

First, there was Sage, the most intelligent, unique, outgoing cat I have ever met. She even figured out how to open our doors. Thinking about her also makes me think of autumn and Hawaii.


Niko purred like a monster. He was with us over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.


Nora would chew on my fingers if I let her. We only had her for two weeks.


Berry was there for me when things felt tough. He would sometimes lick my face to wake me up.


My favorite memory of Twilight is when I woke up and she was snuggled up against me with her paws in the air, looking at me upside-down. It was just too much cute to handle.


Bebe would talk. And talk. And taaaalk. We had her for a good part of this summer.


Fannie, who is our current cat, does this silly head-nod thing every time she meows at us, something I've never seen another cat do. She'll go fast; even though she's really just a plain-looking tabby, everyone at the adoption fairs comments on what a great, friendly cat she is.


So it's been an awesome year full of cats, and I'm looking forward to another!

No comments:

Post a Comment