Monday, December 23, 2013

Adventure Log: The Via Ferrata, WV

I reached the notch in the rock wall and peeked through; I was very suddenly staring with the sun in my eyes down a valley of tiny skeletal gray trees, pinned in place by both the fierce wind gusts and awe at the scenery. Looking down, there was nothing but lots of air beneath the metal bars I stood on.



June and I had an amazing time on the Via Ferrata in West Virginia last month. This wasn't the kind of experience I wanted to spoil by being too attached to my camera (also didn't feel like lugging that weight around), so we just have a few cellphone snapshots.





I definitely recommend this for anyone who likes heights! It's just the right blend of adventure and security for those new to climbing, as well. We had a great time and I can't wait to do the full moon climb, hopefully this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment